What do I do if I am the victim of sexual assault or abuse?
- Get to a safe place.
- Call 911.
- Do not clean up, bathe, or brush your teeth.
- Go to the Mayo Clinic Health System in Waycross Emergency Room for treatment of injuries and collection of evidence.
- Medical professionals at the hospital will provide you with treatment in the event of sexually transmitted diseases.
- You will be encouraged to follow up with counseling, which can be provided by Satilla Advocacy Services.
- Follow up medical treatment is recommended. Staff at Satilla Advocacy Services can make these appointments if needed.