- Tell your child he or she will be visiting a safe, comfortable place to speak with a person whose job it is to talk with kids and teenagers.
- Have your child be well rested.
- Give your child permission to talk with the interviewer and let him or her know it is OK to talk about anything.
- Bring the child’s comfort item if that would be helpful.
- Ask your child questions about the situation
- Tell your child what to say
- Promise treats or rewards to your child for talking
- Ask why your child didn’t tell sooner